Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Freshly spun up!

First up is Aidan...he loves riding on the Merry Go Round! Look at that smile! We get the all day pass because he likes to go at least 8-10 times before he'll get off without a fight!
This is the Sari Silk plied with the black wool I dyed. Doesn't the black just make the colors pop? I really love this and plan to spin enough for a kimono jacket. This is the Sari Silk I got at www.paradisefibers.com.

This is the sample I got from www.spunkyeclectic.com . I really love the blues in this. It's really super soft and spun up like butter.



Last but not least the wool I dyed up in the crock pot. It's double plied and is 11 wpi. It's the wool I got from www.thesheepshedstudio.com . Boy, it's sooo reasonable, I'm going to order 5 bls next time. Anyway, it's hard to capture the true colors, but the brown,red,and golds blended together and I love the effect. The red/gold reminds me of a goldenrose color, and the color changes are graduated. I can't wait to see this one knit up!
In the mean time, I'm still trying to get some of my other projects finished before I start any new ones. I have my Sante Fe Ruana, and the mohair fan/feather shawl to complete. Plus a couple of other things. I've spent so much time spinning, I haven't been knitting enough, and that was the whole purpase of learning to spin!

No comments: