Wednesday, September 29, 2010

FO....Socks are KOd

Umhmmm! I did it!! Completed a pair of socks for Aiden before he could outgrow them!!! See!



Socks, glorious Socks!!! Ok, I admit I went over the 2 week self imposed deadline, but hey...they're done! I love the sockyarn I got from Baywood Yarns too. It's a handpainted Merino in the colorway Mallard. Lovely stuff, I have enough left for Aiden a couple more pairs. The pattern is Mash-Up Magic Toe-Up Socks by Zhenya Lavy. Just google MUMTU Socks for the free pattern. I love it because it's a customizable recipe to make the socks any size you need. The instructions are easy to follow and the only variation I made was to use Jenny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off. ( You can google that too!)

Then I spun up the Black Cheviot batts I made too. I 2 ply'd it with a single of recycle sari silk for this...
180 yards of DK weight yarn. Honestly, I was trying to spin up a bulky weight yarn, sigh. But I'm going to make it work for a Off to the Races Scarf pattern by my friend, Patricia Bishop. You can get the pattern here...  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/off-to-the-races-scarf We're doing a KAL on the Fancy Kitty lovers group on Ravelry. I can't wait to post a pic when I'm done!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely pair of socks and such a handsome model. I know you're proud! Good job!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely pair of socks and such a handsome model. Great job!