Thursday, September 11, 2008

Homemade Lazy Kate


Here's my homemade Lazy Kate! It cost me less than $20 to make it. Here's how I did it.
I bought at Home Depot:
1- stair case post cover in the deck dept.
2-3/8" dowel rods cut into 3-1 foot sections, and 1-six inch section.
1-4' section of 1/2" PVC pipe cut into one foot sections.
I used a 3/8" paddle bit to drill 4 holes in the four corners on top of the post cover, and glued my dowel rods. Once dried, I stained and varnished the whole thing. I just used yarn to make a tensioner. I just use the pvc peices to wind my yarn off my kick spindle, and slip it over the dowel rods.
I also made a knitting noddy out of pvc, but it's pretty basic, so I won't be posting a pic.
The cute boy, modeling my lazy kate is none other than Aidan! He likes to get his picture taken so he can see himself! Isn't he a cutie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you send me a photo of your niddy noddy? i want to show my manboy so he can make me one. sure, i could try it, but let's involve the boy.

Mary said...

I'll try to post a pic later tonight, or should I say early in the am.(NIght shift person)